--- question / request for those active in artistic research / practice-as-research in HE ---

Dear colleagues,

I am currently writing a small contribution for an artistic research methods book (Ironic Assemblies: Assimilating Methods in Practice-Led Research, edited by Quaresma, Dias and Longley).

My contribution at this point has a kind of short manifesto / or maybe / petition style and aims towards broadening the collective horizon of the assessment and dissemination of artistic research in Higher Education (quite generally speaking). Primarily my thinking revolves around producing / offering / discussing alternatives to the classical thesis that easily dominates the artistic practice (only a worst case scenario?).

I come to this writing from the perspective of having completed my own PaR PhD in the UK very recently (dance), an overall very productive and practice-strong experience, which nonetheless left me wondering about ways in which the classical thesis could be further challenged.

So I am now inquiring if any of you have good experiences or thoughts to share on processes that alter or in some way creatively engage with "the thesis" (in the context of PaR / artistic research) or would otherwise like to engage with me in dialoguing/corresponding on this topic. Possibility to co-author, yes.

Within the month of August/very early September. That means in these next few days/weeks ;  ).

Many thanks and best wishes
Paula Kramer

paula kramer
dancer / dance researcher