Dear Colleague

I am delighted to invite you to the launch of our De Montfort University Centre for Urban Research on Austerity on Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th November – see http://www.dmu.ac.uk/cura.  The launch will be an opportunity to discuss cutting-edge research on austerity and related concepts such as crisis, resistance, resilience, renaissance and transformation, and to help us set our research priorities for the Centre. Our keynote speakers are:

Professor Erik Swyngedouw: “Politicising Urban Politics: Discontent, Disagreement and the Struggle for Democracy”

And,

Professor Karel Williams: “Outsourcing: the Co-dependence of Government and Organised Money”

We will post the full programme in September. If you would like to attend all of part of the event, please email [log in to unmask] We are unable to pay travel expenses or accommodation, but will consider modest requests for support from activists, PhD students and early career researchers.

Jonathan Davies
Professor of Critical Policy Studies
Director – Centre for Urban Research on Austerity
De Montfort University
Leicester