*apologies for cross posting*

Update- We’re very excited about our RGS-IBG 2015 Pre-Conference event and delighted to announce that Prof Elspeth Probyn will be offering closing remarks. Unfortunately Prof Mike Goodman is no longer able to take part but we are very pleased to have Dr. Megan Blake forming part of our academic panel.

Food Matters Symposium: Tackling Systemic Food Waste -Last Few Tickets Remaining

Tuesday 1st September – West Town Farm, Exeter.
(Transport will be provided on the day from Exeter University & St. David's Train Station – leaving at 10 a.m. and returning in time for the RGS-IBG Annual Conference opening plenary.)

Rationale:
Although food waste is beginning to appear on academic and political agendas there has been a tendency to frame the problem around individual food practices, and much less work has been done on how food becomes framed as waste at other nodes within food systems. Through employing a mixture of panel sessions, provocations, hands on sessions and group work, this symposium will bring together academics, food producers, food retailers and food activists in order to approach the problem of systemic food waste. We hope this symposium will enable a collaborative process of agenda setting for future research into food waste, food knowledges and food practices.

Opening Remarks & Provocations:  Prof. Henry Buller (University of Exeter).
Panellists: Dr. Emma Roe (University of Southampton); Dr. Matt Reed (The Countryside and Community Research Institute); Dr. Megan Blake (University of Sheffield);  Andy Bragg (West Town Farm); Martyn Bragg (Shillingford Organics); and Lorraine Glover (Ashclyst Farm & Dairy).
Group Facilitators:  Dr Emma-Jayne Abbots (UWTSD); Dr Mags Adams (University of Salford); and Dr Agatha Herman (University of Reading).
Closing Remarks:  Prof. Elspeth Probyn (University of Sydney).

More Information and Tickets -http://www.eventbrite.com/e/food-matters-symposium-rgs-ibg-pre-conference-event-tickets-16703070333

For more information please contact -Dr. Rebecca Sandover -[log in to unmask] and Suzanne Hocknell [log in to unmask]