From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ivens, Rob
Sent: 28 July 2015 13:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Technoprint case in Planning

I would agree with much that has been said:

But I would add one further thought.

As I understand it- the question for any planning decision is can the matter be dealt with by condition- ie are the uncertainties resolved, or is there sufficient information to make a reasonable decision based on an achievable scheme.

In the case of contamination in certain circumstances the scheme is not achievable... and worse if the planners grant permission eg for residential housing and this cant be built then the LA can end up facing a claim for compensation. (Roger Braithwait I believed sited just such a case re a landfill)

Rob Ivens
So much to read so little Time