Dear All,

I know the x-axis of the FSC curve is on the reverse of the resolution, and the value in the x-axis corresponding FSC 0.5 is usually regarded as the reverse of the resolution of the whole EM map.

Here I do not know the meaning of the resolution in the X-axis. The Whole map has only one resolution corresponding FSC 0.5, then why the x-axis is on different resolutions (for example the x-axis is from resolution 0 to 20 A, or the reverse of that scope)? Is it because different parts of the map have different resolutions (caused by different parts of map  have different quality), or it is because the X-axis of the FSC curve has some relation with Fourier shell? If the X-axis of the FSC is on the property related to Fourier shell, then what is in the relation of resolution (or the reverse of it) in the x-axis with Fourier shell (in addition, what is the Fourier shell)?

Best regards.

Smith