One might look at YASARA (www.yasara.org). It does proteins, geometric
shapes, and a whole lot more (and combines it all if needed). I don't
know how much the free version can do in terms of geometric shapes, but
the commercial version is dead-cheap for academics anyway.

And YASARA support is rather good.

Gert

On 08/28/2015 06:00 PM, Keller, Jacob wrote:
> Dear Crystallographers,
>
> This is semi-off-topic, but does anyone know of good software, preferably free, for doing 3D renderings of blocks, cylinders, cubes, whatever, allowing one to rotate the objects, do lighting, etc? Like Pymol, but with geometrical shapes instead of protein structures?
>
> All the best,
>
> Jacob

> Jacob Pearson Keller, PhD
> Looger Lab/HHMI Janelia Research Campus
> 19700 Helix Dr, Ashburn, VA 20147
> email: [log in to unmask]

Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud university medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.