Dear,

Enzyme of interest is from  Aminotransferase family and it use PLP as a cofactor.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 11:56 PM, Roger Rowlett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Are the enzymes of interest metalloenzymes? Or require metal ions as cofactors? In general, ligand binding of halides to transition metals will follow I- > Br- > Cl- > F-. Halides, especially idodie, are known to inhibit certain zinc-metalloenzymes by displacing a catalytically active water molecule. In addition iodide may combine with and precipitate certain metal ions, and is also a weak reducing agent.
_______________________________________
Roger S. Rowlett
Gordon & Dorothy Kline Professor
Department of Chemistry