From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Tim Allen
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 5:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Poetry On Trial: 2. “Poetry and Tribalism” by Jon Stone

Jamie, i wouldn't argue with anything you say below but that is because everything you say seems to be on a sort of mechanical/neutral setting. It doesn't touch on the politics. It treats the poetry scene as a kind of disinterested system and the individual poet as a type of free-willed personality wandering through that system. Neither of those things matches my experience. The poetry scene is a monster shifting in its sleep as the competing power relations fight for control of the dream.

Cheers

Tim A.