It is with great sadness that I share the news that Chris Jeens, former County Archivist and Head of Heritage and Cultural Services at Warwickshire County Council, passed away late last week.

Chris leaves an enduring legacy in the form of services which modernised and innovated under his leadership and guidance.  Those of us lucky enough to work with and for him will greatly miss his keen intelligence, his sublime sense of the absurd,  his skill with words and his tactical acumen.

As soon as I have any details about funeral arrangements, I will forward them to the list.

Regards

Caroline

Caroline Sampson  BA (Hons), M.Ar.Ad., RMARA.
University Archivist

David Wilson Library, University of Leicester,
University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK

T: 0116 252 2441
E:

uol_sig (3)

Elite without being elitist

Follow us on Twitter or visit our Facebook page