Early Career Research Fellow

Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics

School of Public Health

Salary Range:  £33,860 to £42,830 p.a

The MRC-PHE Centre for Environment and Health is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for leading pioneering and multidisciplinary research.

The Early Career Research Fellowship programme is a new initiative designed to attract into the Centre exceptional candidates in the early stages of their careers.

The programme will provide a unique opportunity for early-career scientists working in the broad area of environment and health to develop their own competitive, independent research programmes in a supportive, multi-disciplinary environment. The fellowship programme is designed as a platform to apply for subsequent intermediate fellowships and similar career progressing schemes.

We intend to recruit, train and develop the next generation of future research and policy leaders from these key and related disciplines:

Environmental Epidemiology
Molecular Epidemiology
Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Data Science, and Bioinformatics
Small Area Health Statistics, Spatial Epidemiology, and GIS
Exposure Sciences
Physical, Environmental and Mathematical Sciences
Analytical Sciences (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, adductomics)
Mechanistic Toxicology
There are no teaching and administrative obligations, and the appointee will be provided with reasonable funds to cover research costs.

As part of the application process, applicants must submit a proposal for their own independent research project. Proposals will be judged on the basis of scientific merit, track record of the applicant and potential for development of an independent research programme in the broad area of environment and health.

Applicants should hold a PhD or equivalent in one of the key or related areas listed above, and should be in the early stages of their research career.

This post is full time for a fixed term of up to 36 months.

For more information and application forms, by clicking on the 'Apply' button.

The fellowship programme will be based either at Imperial College London and/or King's College London. For further information and an informal discussion contact Dr Elizabeth Hayes ([log in to unmask]). For formal discussion related to Imperial College London please contact the Centre’s Director Professor Paul Elliott ([log in to unmask]).

Our preferred method of application is online via our website by clicking on the 'Apply' button (please select “Job Search” then enter the job title or vacancy reference number into “Keywords”). Please complete and upload an application form as directed quoting reference number SM178-15AL.

Please complete the following forms and upload to our website:

Research Application Form
CV Template Form
Project Proposal Form

Alternatively, if you are unable to apply online, please email [log in to unmask] to request an application form.

Closing Date: 23 September 2015 (Midnight BST)

Interview Dates: 21 & 22 October 2015

Imperial Managers lead by example.

Committed to equality and valuing diversity.  We are also an Athena Swan Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and a Two Ticks Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.

SIGNOFF allstat