Dear allstat,

Fera Science Ltd is looking to appoint up to 3 statisticians in our Risk and Numerical Sciences team

These 3 posts will mainly focus on statistical consultancy including: advising on statistical components of scientific proposals; experimental design; data analysis and communication of results to scientists and their customers. The posts will build on existing work areas and contribute to growing the team's capabilities to apply new methods and work with new customers.

We will be happy to receive applications from newly qualified graduates as well as those with post graduate qualifications or experience of applying their statistical expertise in a scientific context.  We would look to support new graduates wishing to undertake a formal post graduate qualification.

Full details of the posts and how to apply can be found at this link: http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_capita/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=156930&localeCode=en-us

Fera's over-arching purpose is to support and develop a sustainable food chain, a healthy natural environment, and to protect the global community from biological and chemical risks. Our role within that is to provide robust evidence, rigorous analysis and professional advice to Government, international organisations and the private sector. Within Fera, the risk and numerical sciences team conducts innovative research and provides expertise in risk, uncertainty analysis and statistics. An important part of the team's work is providing statistical advice and support to customers on a consultancy basis.

Candidates for these posts will need to be able to demonstrate evidence of an ability to apply a wide range of statistical methods to practical or scientific questions.  They will need to have excellent computer programming and general computing skills and be proficient users of statistical computing packages.  They must also be able to understand quickly the statistical needs of a scientific problem and suggest possible approaches, and to communicate statistical approaches and results to non-statisticians.  Experience of providing statistical advice in a science, policy or business environment and a track record in statistical scientific publication would also be advantageous.

We are looking for candidates with highly effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to work collaboratively across the business.

Salary range £25K - £45K depending on experience
Based at our headquarters in York
Closing date for applications 9th September 2015
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 28th September

--
Sarah Hugo

Fera Science Ltd. (Fera)
National Agri-Food Innovation Campus
Sand Hutton
York
YO41 1LZ

Web: www.fera.co.uk<http://www.fera.co.uk/>
Tel: + 44 (0) 1904 462223
Mob: 07795 122313

Follow us on:          Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/FeraGovUK>                 LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/the-food-and-environment-research-agency?trk=hb_tab_compy_id_305811>                 YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/FeraUK1>

SIGNOFF allstat