**Apologies for cross-posting**

New titles in Ageing & Gerontology from Policy Press

To browse all our Ageing & Gerontology titles, please visit our website

You may also be interested in signing up to our Ageing & Gerontology newsletter to receive news and updates on our latest titles in this area.

by Ricca Edmondson
"This is a book of rare distinction and import. Tremendously learned yet modest, quietly powerful in its advocacy of meaning and wisdom in gerontology.Thomas R. Cole, University of Texas
This exciting new book focuses on older people as makers of meaning and insight, highlighting the ways older people form part of social and symbolic landscapes and the types of wisdom they can offer. More info...

Edited by Nancy Worth and Irene Hardill
"Clearly and engagingly written, this collection illustrates and reflects on diverse methodologies for enriching life course studies ." Janice Monk, University of Arizona
Features methods linking time, space and mobilities and provides practitioners with practical detail in each chapter. It covers the full lifecourse and includes innovative methods and case study examples. More info...

Anya Ahmed
"A beautifully crafted book confirming the importance of subjectivity and agency framed within persistent gendered social worlds." Louise Ackers, University of Salford
Offers a critical perspective, challenging positivistic, essentialist definitions of lifestyle migration. We follow the journeys of retired working class British women as they seek, recreate and construct community in a new context. More info...

Edited by Kathrin Komp and Stina Johansson
A refreshing approach towards the global issue of population ageing, thus stimulating readers to view the phenomenon both from a macro and micro perspective.” Kalyani K. Mehta, SIM University, Singapore
Combines insights from different disciplines and real-life experiences to argue that the lifecourse perspective helps us understand causes and effects of population ageing. More info...

Edited by Kieran Walsh, Gemma M. Carney and Áine Ní Léime
"By illuminating individual, regional and societal disparities,this book helps readers rethink the consequences of altered political economies and practices, such as recession, on aging and generations.” W. Andrew Achenbaum, University of Houston
A carefully crafted study of ageing in Ireland, one of the countries hardest hit by the Eurozone financial crisis, presenting a critical analysis of ageing and social policy in a country under tight austerity measures. More info...

Edited by Marvin Formosa and Paul Higgs
"This eloquent, thought-provoking collection will be essential reading for scholars of ageing and all with an interest in policy linked to ageing." Professor Sara Arber, Centre for Research on Ageing and Gender (CRAG), University of Surrey
Provides the most up-to-date collection of new and emerging research relevant to contemporary debates on the relationship between class, culture, and later life. More info...

Coming soon in paperback...
by Angie Ash
This critical and challenging book makes a strong case for the development of ethically-driven, research-informed policy and practice to safeguard older people from abuse.
OUT IN PAPERBACK OCTOBER 2015

Don’t forget we also publish a number of respected academic journals including Families, Relationships and Societies and Critical and Radical Social Work

Get 35% discount on ALL our books by signing up to our newsletter here.

Jessica Miles, Marketing Executive

Policy Press at the University of Bristol
1-9 Old Park Hill, Clifton, Bristol BS2 8BB
Tel: 0117 954 5940

Twitter: @TPPjess

I am in the office Monday am, Tuesday am, Wednesday and Friday, on other days please contact [log in to unmask]

Keep in touch:

---------------------------------------------------------------- This message was sent through the Ageing in Europe mailing list. Please visit the homepage of the ESA Research Network on Ageing in Europe at http://www.ageing-in-europe.org ----------------------------------------------------------------