  From: [log in to unmask]
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 5:28 PM
  Subject: Re: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Albion Calling Interview with Dr. Michael Strmiska

  Dear Melissa

  Thank you for your kind words.

  The wording that you refer to is actually my own. My book really does represent the first academic, introductory work devoted to Wicca ever published in the English language. There is of course an academic introduction to contemporary Paganism more widely, produced by Graham Harvey, as well as Margot Adler's non-academic but still scholarly overview of contemporary Paganism in the U.S. Furthermore there are many Wicca 101 books, authored by practitioners who often seek to welcome potential converts; some of these, and most notably that of Vivianne Crowley, are quite scholarly in their approach, if not academic. Then of course there are the wide array of academic studies devoted to particular aspects of Wicca, by the likes of Ronald Hutton, Sabina Magliocco and such, each of which are chronologically or geographically focused. None of these works are, however, academic introductions to the religion per se. In this my work is genuinely unique. I hope that clarifies things a bit.

  All the best
  Ethan

  This was sent from my HTC on O2