Dear Colleagues,

We would like to kindly extend an invitation to you to attend the Society for Cross Cultural Research conference (Portland, Oregon - February 17 to 20, 2016) and a reminder that the deadline of October 1st for submissions of papers, posters and panel proposals for this next SCCR conference is fast approaching! We invite you to share your research and important insights. It is an opportunity to once again demonstrate the relevance of cross cultural and multidisciplinary research and scholarship. Our apologies for cross listings. Please see below for more details.
SCCR is a multi-disciplinary organization with members sharing a common devotion to the conduct of cross-cultural and comparative research. Since its founding in 1971, SCCR has attracted professionals and students from the social science fields of Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, and related fields including Archaeology, Education, Nursing, Family Studies, Social Work, Human Development, Psychiatry, Communications, Ethnic Studies, and Business.  The SCCR conference provides a unique atmosphere encouraging attendees to get to know each other better, form lasting relationships, and provide genuine support to their fellow colleagues and students. Conference organizers invite you to consider organizing a symposium or presenting individual papers or posters.

Keynotes
Ed Hagen, Washington State University, Vancouver
Paul Harris, Harvard University
Catherine Panter-Brick, Yale University
Barbara Rogoff, University of California, Santa Cruz
Invited Lecture
Tony Johnson,
Cultural Committee chair for the Chinook Tribe

SUBMISSIONS:
Abstract submissions for panels, papers, and posters can be made on the conference website:  sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu<http://sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu/>
Deadline for abstract submission: October 1, 2015.
Notification by November 1, 2015

Student paper/poster award: The SCCR will award two cash prizes $250; one for a student paper and one for a student poster. Current undergraduate and graduate students are eligible for the award.

ACCOMMODATIONS AND CONFERENCE SITE: Embassy Suites Hotel, downtown Portland
Reservations (SCCR hotel rate deadline January 27, 2016): http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/P/PDXPSES-SCS-20160217/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Bonnie Hewlett RN, PhD
Washington State University

14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue

Vancouver, WA 98686-9600

Phone:
(360) 546-9227
Fax:
(360) 546-9036
(www.sccr.org<http://www.sccr.org),
sccr.vancouver.wsu.edu

****************************
Jay Fancher
Anthropology Instructor

Mt. Hood Community College
Social Science Division
26000 SE Stark St.
Gresham, OR 97030

Clark College
Anthropology Department
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663

"I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson