From: zooarch <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of John Fletcher <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, 13 July 2015 11:04
To: zooarch <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] animal bone base under clay floor

When researching my book Gardens of Earthly Delight – the History of Deer Parks I came across quite a few such floors. There was a fashion for using deer, especially fallow, metapodials as knuckle floors in the late 18th century till the mid 19th. There is one at Bicton House built in 1839.
Hope that helps, John Fletcher