From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julia Cussans
Sent: 08 July 2015 13:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] shell Ident

Dear Greg,

Many thanks for your response. Both the bone and the cowrie and in a pretty poor state; the bones from this grave were noted as the least well preserved of all the graves, so yes preservation may well be an issue. Aside from its fragmentary state I had thought that this piece of shell was relatively well preserved, but perhaps that is not the case. The cowrie was only represented by its inner and outer lips and these are chalky and pitted in appearance and the skeleton was identified as belonging to a child of 10-12yrs, which I guess may have contributed to its poor preservation.

I may have to settle for no id.

Cheers,

Julia