I'm not sure I'd necessarily leave it until after the meeting, but I broadly agree, it is a slightly quiet time of year. The approach we use for the security team meetings is to try to keep the regular schedule in place, but check a couple of days in advance that we've got things to discuss and people to discuss it. As well as letting us cancel the occasional unneeded meeting in good time, it means that everyone turns up to the meetings with a slightly firmer idea of what's going to be discussed, and a bit more prepared. It works very well.

So, in concrete terms, I would suggest cancelling today's tech meeting unless anyone has anything specific they'd like to use it for, leaving the forthcoming ones in the calendar, but checking on the preceding Wednesdays whether or not to go ahead, and if so, with what subjects.

Ewan