Which SPM version.  If you haven't done so yet, you could try the segmentation in SPM12 to see if this helps.

Best regards,
-John

On 23 July 2015 at 22:18, Tan Yee-Leng Tan (NNI) <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear SPM experts,

I am working with T1 images with a FOV where the edges of the skull (anteriorly and posteriorly) have been sliced off. Unfortunately this results in a misregistration in the frontal and occipital lobes during the segmentation process. I'm attaching pictures to help elucidate my problem.

Strategies eg using a skull-stripped T1 brain, switching to a larger TPM, changing the parameters of the bias regularization within the GUI, or running the segmentation process through Freesurfer, have not helped.

Does anyone know how to improve the T1 registration to the initial template?

Thank you,
yeeleng

T1 with "sliced" skull

Segmented GM overlaid on T1, showing misregistration

The information contained in this e-mail and the attachments (if any) may be privileged and confidential and is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, retain copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this e-mail or any part thereof. Please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail and the attachments.