Shashwath, & co,

Indeed, this statistician finds nothing wrong with voxel-wise FDR and notably, to my knowledge, cluster-wise and peak-wise FDR hasn't been implemented in any other packages.  The voxel-, cluster- and peak-wise FDR are all distinct methods with different strengths and weaknesses.

One weakness already mentioned is that peak-wise FDR depends on the 'feature defining threshold'.  Another not mentioned is that, in my experience, there is little additional power gained in moving from cluster-wise FWE to cluster-wise FDR, thus defeating the purpose of FDR (which is to obtain greater power while still controlling false positives in some formal manner).

The strength of voxel-wise FDR is the (generally) great power gains over voxel-wise FWE.  Its weakness is that it is a voxel-wise and not 'cluster aware', and so risk of false positives (as an expected proportion of number of detected voxels) cannot be linked to any particular cluster.

So, my take on it is that all are valid and suitable methods methods as long as they are appropriately interpreted.

-Tom