Dear Experts,

I have a question re: FDR correction in SPM.

I have been using voxel-wise FDR correction: i.e, using 'Result' function, I choose FDR for 'p value adjustment to control', then indicate a specific p value (e.g., 0.01), and then choose a minimum extent cluster size: e.g., 50 voxels.

Now, I am being asked by a reviewer to use cluster-wise FDR correction. Am I understanding correctly that to use, for example, 0.01 FDR cluster-wise correction, I need 1) display this between-group contrast at 0.01 uncorrected, 2) get the minimum FDR-corrected cluster size from the spm output, i.e., 'FDRc' value, 3) re-run this contrast using 0.01, FDR, and plug in the suggested cluster size (=FDRc)?

Is the first approach incorrect in principal, or is it just an alternative way to look at the data?

Please advise, thanks,
Elena

UT Southwestern

Medical Center