Jef,

You should also have columns for the interaction of time and condition, so
I would correct that first.

Then I would look at my older posts on generating contrasts. The contrast
generation starts with the null hypothesis.

In your example, you are testing if pre and post are different. The
contrast - if the columns are described correctly: 1 -1 0 0 zeros(1,17)
because you are testing if pre is different from post and pre and post are
the first 2 columns. When adding the interaction term to the model, the
contrast should become: 1 -1 0 0 1/2 1/2 -1/2 -1/2 zeros(1,17).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Donald McLaren, PhD