I'm doing a talk/workshop on Saturday at Morley College.

Free - All Welcome!

Best wishes

John.

Sonic Awareness: A listening workshop into space, time and sound location.

Getting beyond the auraltypical, we will explore how everyday sound is shaped and framed by its intrinsic qualities, the environments we inhabit, the sensitivites of our hearing and our specific hearing needs and habits. The session will expand outwards from audiology to acoustics, architecture and sociology. We will conclude with proposing how we can bring a greater awareness of aural diversity into the centre of sound art practice. This workshop is open to all.

http://www.morleycollege.ac.uk/events/show/2670_the_engine_room_-_conference

Prof John Levack Drever
Professor of Acoustic Ecology and Sound Art

Head of the Unit for Sound Practice Research (SPR)
MMus Sonic Arts
- Pathway Leader
Department of Music
Goldsmiths, University of London