This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

I can only suggest, once again, tools and Trades History society - http://www.taths.org.uk/

Chris

From: Social History Curators Group email list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leah Mellors
Sent: 22 July 2015 09:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mystery tool

This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Hi everyone

Can anyone help me to identify this tool? It has been offered to our collection, along with a number of other agricultural hand tools, such as sickles, scythes and billhooks.

The metal head rotate 90 degrees (from parallel to the handle to perpendicular to the handle). There are no markings on the tool at all. The total length is 830mm.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Leah

Leah Mellors

Collections Officer (Human History)

Saffron Walden Museum

Museum Street

Saffron Walden

Essex

CB10 1JL

T: 01799 510645  |  E: [log in to unmask]  |  www.uttlesford.gov.uk/museum

Please note that collections research, enquiry and identification services remain suspended until we have completed the move of study collections to our new offsite store. The Museum is also unable to accept offers for the collections or process loan requests until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience, but the new store project will bring big, long-term benefits for all users of the service. Our public opening hours, activity programme and services to schools at the Museum continue as usual.

Explore the people, places and cultures of our world in our new exhibition, Visions of the World, which showcases stunning images from the Royal Geographical Society alongside objects from our world cultures collection. Open 14 February – 16 August 2015. See our website for more information.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST