This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Please see details of a job opportunity below - Vacancy is based in Ipswich
Please share this with your contacts - apologies for cross posting.
CLOSING DATE IS  29th July

Collections & Learning Curator, Ipswich (Maternity Cover)
Can you manage collections and bring the stories they hold to life?
This is an exciting time to join our Museum Service as major capital developments of our museums are changing the cultural landscape of Ipswich and Colchester.
We are seeking outstanding communicators with a proven track record in interpretation, collections care and community engagement skills to join our Collections & Learning Teams. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of collections care, interpretation, engagement and learning.
We welcome applicants who can demonstrate their experience and commitment to engaging audiences with collections in innovative and creative ways. Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas would also be an advantage:
*           Archaeology
*           Learning in a museum context
*           Ethnography
*           Social history
Post number: LM45
Full time, 37 hours per week
Fixed-term 12 month contract (maternity cover)
Salary Grade: £21,727 to £27,720
To apply for this vacancy using our quick and easy on-line application method, visit www.colchester.gov.uk/jobs<http://www.colchester.gov.uk/jobs>. Alternatively call our 24 hour recruitment line on (01206) 507343 for a paper copy quoting the relevant post reference number(s).
Closing date: Wednesday 29 July 2015.
Interviews are planned for Friday 14 August 2015.
Applicants should be aware that the shortlisting process may include a brief telephone interview.
Kind regards,
Rachel
Many thanks and kind regards,
Rachel

Rachel Macfarlane
Senior Collections and Learning Curator
Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service
01473 433570
www.cimuseums.org.uk<http://www.cimuseums.org.uk>
Help Protect the Environment. Only print out this email if it is absolutely necessary.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST