The html version I sent previously didn't look as I expected! Here is a plain text version which might be easier to read.

Thank you to everyone who responded to my request for information around support for programme leaders in your institutions.

Responses ranged from doing very little and wanting to develop the area to more comprehensive support mechanisms. I’ve extracted the key areas of support below to share with the list.

Shared online resources were all valuable and interesting in particular the HEA report Academic leadership: developing a framework for the professional development of programme leaders’ (September 2007) Johnston and Westwood

Summary document https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/sites/default/files/johnstonv_and_westwoodj_academic_leadership_developing_a_framework_summary_3.pdf

Full report Academic leadership: developing a framework for the professional development of programme leaders’  http://www.hear.ac.uk/assets/was%20York%20-%20delete%20this%20soon/documents/johnston_final_report.pdf

Developing and Supporting Programme Leadership at Edinburgh Napier University (2010) McLeod http://staff.napier.ac.uk/services/hr/development/acprofdev/PL/Documents/Programme%20Leading%20Report_FINAL_16Dec2011.pdf

Programme Leadership from Edinburgh Napier University http://staff.napier.ac.uk/services/sas/student_development/Programme%20Leadership/Pages/ProgrammeLeadership.aspx

Other resources kindly shared included the following:

MMU
http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/academic_leadership/ http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/academic_leadership/leading_programmes.php   http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/academic_leadership/prog_mgt_plans.php
https://programmeleadership.wordpress.com/

Plymouth https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/your-university/teaching-and-learning

SEDA PDF award Leading Programmes and Developing Leaders http://www.seda.ac.uk/leading-programmes

Nottingham Trent http://ntu.ac.uk/apps/events/43/home.aspx/event/171976/default/nottingham_trent_university_2015_course_leader_conference#details
Mitchell, R. (2014). "‘If there is a job description I don’t think I’ve read one’: a case study of programme leadership in a UK pre-1992 university." Journal of Further and Higher Education: 1-20. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0309877X.2014.895302

Common resources included:

Programme Leaders Handbook
Lists of Programme Leader Responsibilities
Annual calendar of key dates and activities
Programme Leaders Forum, some including participation by senior management and/or Module Leaders
Programme Leaders Conference
Teaching and Learning Conference which includes a Programme Leaders emphasis
Programme Leader Away-days
Informal coffee sessions for Programme Leaders
Accredited and non-accredited modules on existing MA programmes
Coaching opportunities
Online resource areas and/or signposts to other sources of support for Programme Leaders which might include the following:

•	short case studies of the types of issues and challenges Programme Leaders need to be able to deal with
•	focus on individual programme leaders' visions for their programmes
•	how to work with institutional processes and requirements
quality processes, and preparation for programme review/approval
•	roles and responsibilities
•	mapping the CLs year
•	induction and retention
•	assessment
•	evalution
•	academic health.

Thank you all for your contributions. I hope you find this summary as useful as I have.

Regards

Sue