We use box at Lancaster and have a strong contract in place with them.
However, we donšt advertise as a solution for research data storage (some
researchers may use it for that purpose), and with especially sensitive
data, we still recommend to use local infrastructure for various reasons.
Box does automatic encryption on deposit, however, in some cases, some of
our academics have done AES256 encryption before they deposit their files
on box.

Some introductory information is available here:
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/iss/news/2015/introducing-box/

Thanks,
Masud