Hi Chris,

In the US, more institutions are coming forward to discuss their experiences with ELNs, and University of Wisconsin's, presented at the most recent CNI gathering, are especially instructive (see link below). They address the history of lab notebooks, the arguments for & against ELNs from practical researcher perspectives, their reasons behind pursuing an enterprise level solution (compliance related issues), their pilot & uptake experience, and future challenges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKEwJT-gF6w&feature=youtu.be

The winner in the US for institutional enterprise-level licenses seems to be LabArchives, so far.

I expect to see more reports on this soon.

Best,
Amy
Amy Nurnberger, Research Data Manager
Center for Digital Research and Scholarship
Columbia University / 212.851.2827
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
ORCID: 0000-0002-5931-072X
Twitter: @DataAtCU