From: Denise de Souza <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 01 July 2015 16:26
To: Realist and Meta-narrative Evidence Synthesis: Evolving Standards; Andrew Harding
Subject: Re: Realist evaluation and constructivist grounded theory

Hi Andrew,
You might want to have a look at Chapter 5 'Theory in the methodology of social science' in Danermark et al. (reference below)
The chapter acknowledges the benefits and contributions of Middle Range Theory and Grounded Theory as well as their limitations - mainly that they have an empirical bias.
Maybe from the critique given, you can come up with responses/ideas on how to justify your chosen position/approach.

Reference
Danermark, B., Ekström, M., Jakobsen, L., & Karlsson, J.C. (2002). Explaining Society: Critical Realism in the Social Sciences. London: Routledge.

Best,
Denise