A workshop on Introduction to Using R for Spatial Analysis is being run
with the Consumer Data Research Centre and Geographic Data Science Lab at
the University of Liverpool.

Date: Liverpool: Friday 2nd October 2015, 9:30am – 4pm

Venue: Training Room 1, Sydney Jones Library, University of Liverpool

Instructor: Dr Nick Bearman

This course will cover an introduction to R, how to load and manage spatial
data and how to create maps using R. We will look at appropriate ways of
using classifications for choropleth maps, using loops in R to create
multiple maps and some basic spatial analysis. We will be using R Studio to
work with the R environment. By the end of the course you will be able to
load data into R, represent it effectively and be able to prepare an output
quality map.

Experience of creating maps in ArcGIS, QGIS or similar is required, but
experience of using R is not required. Refreshments and lunch are provided,
and numbers on the course are limited and allocated on a first come, first
served basis.

If you are not already familiar with the basic elements of GIS, you may
wish to attend the course “Introduction to QGIS: Understanding and
Presenting Spatial Data” instead where we build on basic GIS skills (more
details at
http://geographicdatascience.com/training%20course/2015/07/19/Intro-QGIS-Spatial-Data/
).

Rates:
- £45 – UK registered students
- £80 – staff at UK academic institutions and research centres,
UK-registered charity and voluntary organisations, staff in public sector
and government
- £200 – all other participants including staff from commercial
organisations

Reduced prices are available for those less able to pay, please contact
Nick Bearman for details.

For more details and to book your place, please go to
http://geographicdatascience.com/training%20course/2015/07/19/R-Spatial-Analysis-Liverpool/

If you need more information, please email [log in to unmask] or

Best wishes,
Nick.

--

Dr Nick Bearman | Research Associate & University Teacher
Department of Geography and Planning | University of Liverpool