Jobs in Bangor and in Ross-on-Wye

Capturing our Coast is a Marine Citizen Science programme that will commence in autumn 2015, involving 13 partner organisations including NGOs, research institutions and universities. It aims to train and support thousands of volunteers to assist in robust and relevant data collection that contributes to our understanding of marine intertidal community functioning and anthropogenic threats to biodiversity. The level of ecological science to which the volunteers will be exposed is unprecedented at this scale. We aim to be an exemplar of partnership working with near-national join up of activity across England, Scotland and Wales, supporting other organisations to deliver standardised protocols, thus maximising what we can achieve together. We are now recruiting for a team of excellent post-doctoral field scientists and field assistants to take this exciting programme forward. We encourage applicants to apply for as many positions as interests them, as we cannot shortlist for institutions to which they have not applied. Terms and conditions may vary slightly between institutions. This project is funded by Heritage Lottery Fund (£1.7million).

If you are interested in learning more about this project, please contact the lead PI Dr Jane Delany of Newcastle University: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
If you wish to register your interest to participate as a volunteer, please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Two organisations have so far opened their vacancies for applications. The others will follow in due course.

Bangor University:

Research Project Officer ; Job reference BU00911 ; Salary £31,342 - £37,394; Closing Date 22nd July   Click here for link<https://jobs.bangor.ac.uk/details.php.en?id=QLYFK026203F3VBQB7V68LOTX&nPostingID=2124&nPostingTargetID=2288&mask=stdext&lg=UK> to details.

Field Assistant/Research Technician ; Job reference BU00910 ; Salary £21,391 ; Closing Date 22nd July ; Click here for link<https://jobs.bangor.ac.uk/details.php.en?id=QLYFK026203F3VBQB7V68LOTX&nPostingID=2104&nPostingTargetID=2294&mask=stdext&lg=UK> to details.

Marine Conservation Society

Research Project Officer ; Job reference MCSPO/201507 ; Salary £29,000 to £34,000 DOE ; Closing Date 29 July 2015 ; Click here for link<http://www.mcsuk.org/information/Jobs> to details

Kind regards
Jane