> On Jul 2, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Filippo Salustri <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I read somewhere that the new logo is all about appealing to business.

Apparently somewhat the opposite strategy:
"When Facebook’s logo was first created in 2005, the company was just getting started and we wanted the logo to feel grown up and to be taken seriously. Now that we are established, we set out to modernize the logo to make it feel more friendly and approachable." —Josh Higgins (FB’s CD)

> I guess Zuckerberg thinks business isn't much fun either.
> Is this "flat design gone wild"?

I’m not sure how the change is more flat or (what’s the opposite of "flat" in this sense? Dimensional? Skueomorphic?)

Gunnar

Gunnar Swanson
East Carolina University
graphic design program