I think Apple doesn't give that kind of functionality much weight because those are problems that can be solved by 3rd parties. The really smart business-wise move is to foster an ecossystem of products. Apple stores sell twice as much (in $$) accessories as they sell Apple hardware. That's why their cables and connectors are junk that gets broken in a fortnight. When that happens you simply go to their store and buy a new one. I know I did.

It's not even "planned obsolescence".
I label it "planned crapiness".

Best regards,

Carlos Pires