From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Sylvester, Karl
Sent: 17 July 2015 10:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OCC-HEALTH] Developments with ARTP - Spiro qualification

Dear All,

This is the official line from our ARTP Spirometry Chair for your
information:

"We wouldn't accept drawn graphs of obstructive and restrictive patients
using the current marking scheme for the full certificate. There are 2 ways
round this for occupational health workers:

1. do the foundation spirometry certificate (as these can be any types of
patients) and then top up with the interpretation certificate where they
have to interpret spirometry that the ARTP provides.
2. If they are experienced in spirometry (at least 3 years) and are
regularly performing spirometry, go through the Experienced practitioner
scheme as these can be any types of spirometry as well."

I hope that helps but please feel free to come back with any additional
queries.

Best wishes

Karl

Dr Karl Sylvester | Head of Joint Respiratory Physiology Services (CUH &
Papworth)/Honorary Chair ARTP
Tel: 01223 217065 | Ext: 3065 | Fax: 01223 217065 | www.cuh.org.uk

Lung Function Unit | Box 40
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust | Addenbrooke's Hospital
Cambridge Biomedical Campus | Hills Road | Cambridge | CB2 0QQ

This Trust is part of the National Institute for Health Research - Cambridge
Biomedical Research Centre and a member of Cambridge University Health
Partners

This email is confidential, see www.cuh.org.uk/email_disclaimer.html
Any data within this email should not be sent or faxed to a third party
(including non NHS email accounts) without the author's agreement.