Dear friends and colleagues,

I would be truly appreciative if you helped us spread the word of our new MFA programme.

Thank you so much in advance: Dina

The Institute for Global Cinema and Creative Cultures is now recruiting for its new MFA in

GLOBAL CINEMA: MANAGING AND CULTURAL CURATION

In recent years, there has been exponential growth in film-related events, with currently more than 10,000 film festivals in the world.

New festivals are being formed every year. There is also growing diversity in festival curation and art house programming.

Global cultural content, especially coming out of Asia, is more present than ever in the international marketplace for culture.

There are more and more unique opportunities that one can capitalise on, in the areas of global film circulation and appreciation.

We would like to train professionals who can react to these realities in the context of the new MFA degree, which we offer out of IGCCC.

The MFA (Master of Fine Arts) is one of the most prestigious postgraduate degrees on offer.

Mainly popular in North America, it is considered as the terminal degree for all those who aim for careers in the Creative Industries.

At 240 academic credits, it is equivalent to MPhil in the British classification.

The programme builds on leading academic expertise or our own faculty and an array of high profile international associates.

It is offered on a part-time distance-learning basis, involving intense residential sessions and online taught element.

The residential sessions provide global networking opportunities.

After completing the taught element, students have the chance to develop a unique research project by way of dissertation.

We also offer a PG Diploma, based on earning 120 academic credits from the taught part only.

We hope to recruit internationally for what is a truly cosmopolitan offer.

For more information, please visit the Institute's web-site at http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/globalcinema

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/staigccc

Dina Iordanova FRSA
Professor of Global Cinema and Creative Cultures
Director, Institute for Global Cinema and Creative Cultures (IGCCC)
Publisher, St Andrews Film Studies
University of St Andrews, Scotland