Interesting stuff.

I've used the Wikipedia API (note, not Wikidata currently) in
http://postcodepast.com - an early alpha hack which is an experiment in
discovery of non-geotagged cultural heritage content to attempt to link
items with geotagged 'places of interest'. I was thinking of switching to
OSM as I can reduce noise by filtering down to certain types of placemarks,
for example heritage sites. Will follow this thread with interest.

Cheers, James