Hi everyone,

We currently have a returns and sorter system as part of our self-service offer at our City Library in Newcastle; it is similar to the one shown in this video at the University of Sussex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dstiqYn2_wE

It has been in use since 2009 and we are now looking to procure a new automatic book sorter system. The current one was fitted under a wider PFI contract and as such I am struggling to find detailed documentation around specifications.

Has anyone installed a sorter or tendered for one, and if so, would they be willing to share any of the specifications they might have used as part of a tendering process?

If anyone needs more information then I'm happy to discuss things further off list.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can give any help.

Kind Regards

Luke Burton
Digital Transformation Manager

Newcastle City Council