From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Staniland, Tim
Sent: 29 July 2015 13:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: WiFi in libraries

Dear All
We are currently looking at library provision, and was wondering how we are all achieving 'digital by default'.
I would suggest that this requires some sort of access to the internet, including wifi.
Do you have wifi in your library? I know some libraries have been forced to provide their own, but has anyone succeeded in having their information technology departments be helpful in providing this service?
Here we have intermittent access and only by Trust devices. Do any libraries out there have (guest or otherwise) access for their users? And how have you managed it!
Many thanks
Tim

Tim Staniland
Outreach Librarian
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
T: 01482 623217
[library and knowledge services logo copy]

Mediated literature searches provided by the Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust Knowledge Service utilise the most appropriate and authoritative sources of information available. However the Knowledge Service assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the information provided or for any damages resulting from its use. Results of literature searches are subject to the limitations of the databases and/or websites searched and are also restricted by contractual database licenses and your parameters. It is your responsibility to determine the accuracy, validity and interpretation of the search results. Mediated literature searches do not include the full-text of the articles, document delivery or interlibrary loan. This information or service is not to be construed as a substitute for the advice of a qualified health care professional.

____________________

INFORMATION NOTICE

Please check for viruses before accessing this email and any attachments.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is intended only to be seen and used by the named addressee(s).
However, even if confidential, the information contained within it may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act (2000),
unless it is legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named addressee, any use, disclosure, copying, alteration or forwarding of this email
and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately by email or by telephoning
01342 414000 and permanently delete this email and any attachments from your system.

The views expressed within this email and any attachments are those of the writer and are not necessarily the views or policies of
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Except as required by law, the Trust shall not be responsible for any damage,
loss or liability of any kind suffered in connection with this email and any attachments, or which may result from reliance on the contents of
this email and any attachments.

If you wish to make a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000), please send your request to [log in to unmask]

Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Website: www.qvh.nhs.uk
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Switchboard: 01342 414000
IT Support: 01342 414411