Dear library colleagues,

I wonder if anyone is able to help me and would be willing to share any examples that they know of NHS Knowledge Management Strategies - as opposed to knowledge & library service strategies that have some KM content within them.

Our Trust is starting to consider developing and producing an organisational wide knowledge management strategy and has asked if I can provide them with any such examples. I have examples of where NHS knowledge and library services can support knowledge management activities within an organisation and indeed we already undertake some to a small degree as outlined in Section 5.4 of LQAF. I also have information on the various KM tools and resources.

We are particularly interested in is exploring the following areas within the wider organisational context:

-          Knowledge retention/transfer

-          Effective document management

-          Knowledge sharing events

-          Knowledge assets

-          Knowledge harvesting

-          Skills database

If anyone is able to share any information, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Janet

Janet Sampson, BA, MCLIP, MInstLM
Knowledge, Library & Information Services Manager

Library and Learning Resource Centre
Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Armthorpe Road
Doncaster, DN2 5LT

Tel: 01302 647213, or Internal: DRI ext.6513
E-mail: [log in to unmask]  [https://g.twimg.com/twitter-bird-16x16.png] <http://www.twitter.com/DBHLib>  @DBHLib

[cid:image002.png@01D0BE3F.367097B0]<http://dab.nhslibraries.com/>[cid:image003.png@01D0BE3F.367097B0]<http://www.netvibes.com/dbhlibrary>[cid:image004.png@01D0BE3F.367097B0]<http://digbig.com/5bgmkr>

[RGB-We-Care-logo]

Travelling to Doncaster Royal Infirmary?  Why not use the free Park & Ride service from Doncaster racecourse - free parking with free shuttle buses to and from the hospital every 15 minutes (6.30am-10pm, Mon-Fri).

Travelling between our hospitals?  Why not use the free shuttle buses between:
Bassetlaw Hospital and Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Montagu Hospital and Doncaster Royal Infirmary

This email is confidential, private and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents; to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this email has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your cooperation.