Dear all,

We have a vacancy for a part time (21 hours per week) Systems Librarian to join the team at the British Library for Development Studies (BLDS), the library of the Institute of Development Studies.

We are looking for someone to quickly get up to speed and help us to support and maintain our information systems to deliver research content in new and innovative ways. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of Internet, Library and Open Access Repository technologies, systems and standards. S/he will be able to demonstrate effective use of open source repository software and library systems, website CMS, analytics tools, SQL databases and query language, and web programming.

Due to project funding, this post is fixed term, until 31 March 2016.

For more information or to apply, please go to: http://www.ids.ac.uk/job/systems-librarian

Please note, we are looking at a rapid turnaround time, with a closing date of Thursday 30th July 2015
Interviews  will take place on Thursday 6th August 2015

Many thanks.

Helen Rehin
Acting Head of Library / Deputy Librarian
BLDS (British Library for Development Studies)
Institute of Development Studies
at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE

Tel: +44 (0)1273 915660
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.blds.ids.ac.uk

Catalogue: http://bldscat.ids.ac.uk

Please note: my working days are Monday - Thursday.

BLDS is funded by DFID (through the Global Open Knowledge Hub Programme) and IDS.

Take advantage of our Document Delivery Service to get  scanned copies of journal articles and book chapters from our collection delivered  straight to your desktop. This service is free for users in eligible countries, with a small charge for others. Just search the catalogue, access the full item record, and click on the request via document delivery link.

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS. Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202 IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee: Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338; VAT No. GB 350 899914