From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adrian Smith [LIB]
Sent: 02 July 2015 15:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fiction for FE Students

I'm wondering why FE students are to be encouraged to read fiction (novels?). Extra-curricular reading could include poetry and non-fiction. Is fiction supposed to improve students written English? Is "War and Peace" to be preferred over a military history of the Battle of Waterloo?

To satisfy "bosses" you could call it literature, rather than fiction, but that might put off the students ... ?

Adrian, Headingley