Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly the Journal of Socio-Economics) in Journal Citation Reports 2014

Over a year ago the Journal of Socio-Economics got accepted for inclusion in Thomson Reuters Web of Science (in the Social Sciences Citation Index). Coverage of journal volumes was added retroactively and the journal is covered since its May 2011 issue. Around the same time the journal's title was also changed to better reflect its current scope, and starting with the April 2014 volume it is published as the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (JoBEE).
Coverage in the Journal Citation Reports of ISI Web of Knowledge is delayed until enough years of data are available. I am happy to inform you that the Journal Citation Reports 2014 edition that was recently published includes the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics and the Journal of Socio-Economics. The data reflect the original journal title that was cited, and the 2-year impact factor is computed based on citations in 2014 to articles published in 2012-2013 (when the journal was published in its former title), so it is only available for the Journal of Socio-Economics. The 2-year impact factor is 0.505 and it ranked 240 out of 333 economics journals (making it Q3). The number of total cites in 2014 to the journal is 1067, which ranks 114 out of 333 economics journals.
As you may know, I started editing the journal at the end of 2012. At the same time I appointed an excellent team of Associate Editors (who do most of the editorial work) and made many changes (especially additions) in the Editorial Board. Morris Altman, who edited the journal before me for over a decade, continued to make decisions on papers that were submitted during his term for a few more months into 2013. Therefore, most of the credit for the decent impact factor and the impressive number of total cites goes to Morris. I hope to take these good achievements even further in the following years, by providing a careful but also timely editorial process and thus encouraging authors to submit to the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics their best work in the relevant areas.
I thank the Associate Editors, the Editorial Board members, and the journal's referees and authors for their great contribution to the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics.

All the best,

Ofer

Prof. Ofer H. Azar
Head of the Multidisciplinary Specialty, Department of Business Administration, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Editor, Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly the Journal of Socio-Economics)
Associate Editor, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
Associate Editor, Journal of Economic Psychology
Personal website: http://www.oferazar.com/