From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Buglass
Sent: 06 July 2015 23:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Historic Graffiti

Yup they will be but as one of the several types of graffiti on a particular surface, in this case trees. I will be stressing that they are a particular group of graffiti often found in particular associations ,but in the terms of the advice and guidance they are simply incised onto wood, Which I know sounds like it is doing them a disservice (not intended to) but as you'll appreciate trying to cover every nuance of the topic in a document such as this is impossible.
ANon

John Buglass Archaeological Services
Rosebank
Newby Wiske