Dear Colleagues,
The abstract submission deadline for this year's fall AGU meeting is next week.  We welcome submissions to the following session.

T044: Tectonic development of orogenic middle crust
Session ID: 7646

Session description:
The evolution of orogenic middle crust is a hot topic in mountain belts around the world, both ancient and active.  Examples of ongoing investigations about orogenic middle crust are the timing of melting relative to burial and exhumation, causes and styles of exhumation, and contributions to creation, maintenance, and destruction of thick crust and high elevations.  Interest has been driven by advances on a number of fronts, including better elucidation of pressure-temperature paths, more robust dating of points on the pressure-temperature paths, more accurate and faster detrital zircon dating, more representative computational and analog modeling, more accurate surface mapping, clearer subsurface imaging, and recognition of links between climate and middle crustal evolution.  We invite contributions from researchers engaged in all of these disciplines as well as others not listed.  This session will provide a forum for comparison of processes inferred from a variety of different orogens.

Invited speakers:
Jens Grimmer.  Topic: Caledonian orogen
Dawn Kellet.  Topic: Himalayan orogen
Nadine McQuarrie.  Topic: Andean orogen
Alexander Webb.  Topic: Himalayan orogen

During the session we will try an uncommon format: Drs. Kellet and Webb will have a discussion about the tectonic evolution of Himalayan middle crust, followed by 10 minutes of audience discussion.  We hope you will participate.

The abstract deadline is August 5, 2015.  The submission site is: http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2015/abstract-submissions/

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco in December.

Conveners:
Aaron J. Martin
Delores M. Robinson

--