Dear All,

We are writing to remind you of our invitation for you to submit a manuscript to an upcoming Geofluids Special Issue on “Fault Zone Hydrogeology”.

The topic of fault zone hydrogeology is of broad interest to the geofluids community in light of the importance of fault zone-controlled fluid flow in a suite of geological processes such as seismicity, hydrocarbon migration, and the genesis of ore deposits. Moreover, the study of fluid flow along faults plays a central role in the sustainable development of geothermal systems, and the evaluation of the safety of CCS and unconventional gas extraction.

Fault zone hydrogeology is a highly interdisciplinary topic. Frequently, input from structural geology, hydrogeology,  geochemistry, and geophysics are needed in order to  characterize the hydraulic properties of fault zones in the field and via numerical modeling studies. With this Geofluids thematic issue, we hope to bring together these diverse communities in order to present the state-of-the-art on fault zone hydrogeology. We invite you to consider submitting an article on this topic in one of the following categories:   a research paper, a review paper, a short technical notes, or a forum articles presenting relevant policy issues regarding this topic.  We hope that you will be willing to submit a paper in one (or more) of these categories. Please consult the guidelines to authors for submission information:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1468-8123/homepage/ForAuthors.html

In order to encourage interaction between authors and citations amongst the submitted mansucripts, we also hope to encourage pre-publication discussion and cross-referencing among the authors, for instance by allowing authors to share review copies of their work using a file-sharing utility (e.g. Dropbox).

The Geofluids journal (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1468-8123) has recently published several excellent special issues – see for instance “Frontiers in Geofluids”, on the occasion of Geofluids’ 10 anniversary – also published as a Wiley-Blackwell book by the same title (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gfl.2010.10.issue-1-2/issuetoc) – and the February 2012 issue on the hydrogeologic effects of continental glaciation (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gfl.2012.12.issue-1/issuetoc),  and the 2015 issue on “Crustal Permeability” (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/gfl.2015.15.issue-1-2/issuetoc).

To submit a paper for the Geofluids Special Issue on Fault Zone Hydrogeology:

1. Log in to your Author Centre at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/gfl

2. Create a new submission

3. Please be sure to select the Manuscript Type “Special Issue: Fault Zone Hydrogeology”

The indicative timetable for the Geofluids Special Issue on “Fault Zone Hydrogeology” is as follows:

Submission deadline:                    15 September 2015

Final decisions:                   1 April 2016

All papers to production:   1 May 2016

Papers published online:  1 July 2016

Formal publication:                        September 2016 issue of Geofluids

Thanks for your consideration and kind regards,

Victor Bense

Zoe Shipton

Yannick Kremer

Niko Kampman

Guest Editors

For the Editors of Geofluids

Craig Manning

Mark Person

Richard Worden

_____________________________
Dr. Victor Bense
Senior Lecturer in Hydrogeology
University of East Anglia
School of Environmental Sciences
Norwich, NR4 7TJ
England

tel. +44 (0)1603 591297
fax. +44 (0)1603 591327

Visiting Professor in Permafrost Hydrogeology
Cold and Arid Regions Environmental and Engineering Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAREERI)
320 Donggang West Road,
Lanzhou, 730000
China

http://www.uea.ac.uk/~vva06uyu
http://franciscus.co.uk

IMPORTANT NOTICE - This email is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. You must not copy, distribute or take action in reliance upon it. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard emails, The School of Environmental Sciences cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with your systems and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced.