Heritage Interpretation Training Center

This weeks course openings:

Introduction to Heritage Interpretation. 14 Units - 2 CEU credits. $150.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/introduction_to_heritage_interpretation_course.html

This is a great course for docents, volunteers or anyone first entering the interpretive profession but having had no college level training in interpretive techniques, philosophy and principles.

Interpretive Planning & Design of Marketing Brochures. 15 Units, 2.5 CEU credits. $250.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_planning__design_of__marketing_broch.html

Everyone does brochures - do you have any actual proof that they bring in more revenue than they cost to print and distribute?  If you're the marketing manager, this course will save you more $$ than the course costs !!

Planning/Designing Interpretive Panels. - 10 Units awarding 1.5 CEU Credits $125.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_panels_course.html

If you spend $3000.00 on an interpretive panel will you get $6000.00 in benefits from the life of that panel?? Cost/contact and cost effectiveness and the business model behind interpretive panels as a media selection. New vandal resistant panel materials - and the 100 word rule.

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Provoke, Relate, Reveal for copy that visitors "want" to read :)  This is our most popular course.

A supervisors guide to Critiquing and Coaching Your Interpretive Staff, Eleven Units, 1.6 CEU Credits. $175.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/critiquing_and_coaching_interpretive_staff.html

  Coaching and critiquing won't be that bad... don't worry.

For our full course catalog you can visit at:

http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

All courses are e-LIVE with you interacting with live instructors/interpretive coach throughout the course.  Start the course anytime, complete at your own pace.  Use actual projects you might have to complete course assignments.

New Courses Coming Soon:

- An introduction to Living History Character Development for living history interpretation programs, interpreters and  living history sites.

- Customer Care for Heritage Sites and Attractions. (Tips and procedures for taking care of your visitors needs, from welcome to good-by).

- Developing Interpretive Plans for Historic Homes and Gardens.

If you have an interest in any of these new courses send me an e-mail and I will add you to the new course mailing list.

Prof. John Veverka

HITC Director/Interpretive Coach