Dear all,

Brooklands Museum is about to embark on a restoration programme kindly sponsored by HLF and as part of the activities plan we are seeking a highly motivated individual with experience of delivering STEM activities either in museums and galleries or in the classroom to join our Learning Team. I will copy further details below but  please contact me if you have any questions.
Please circulate to your contacts list or anyone you think might be interested.

              [cid:image001.jpg@01D0C0B3.8802D3B0]                  [cid:image002.jpg@01D0C0B3.8802D3B0]
Learning Officer
Brooklands Museum is seeking a full-time Learning Officer to work closely with the Learning and Visitor Services Team to develop and deliver dynamic and innovative formal and informal learning programmes to fulfil the Activity Programme for the Heritage Lottery-Funded Brooklands Aircraft Factory and Race Track Revival Project. This project aim is to double the number of young people visiting the Museum as part of curriculum-led visits. Target audiences also include adults and families, with a particular emphasis on science, technology and engineering activities.

Candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with qualified teacher status or other relevant classroom experience. A proven track record in developing and delivering informal and formal learning STEM activities and resources in a heritage learning environment is also desirable together with experience of working with external organisations to sustain effective partnerships and/or in community engagement projects. Also useful is experience of supporting evaluation of learning programmes and web content development skills or of using social media for learning.

You must have a clean driving licence.

The salary is £23,000 pa, depending on experience.
The post is initially funded for 5 years.

Brooklands Museum is a Registered Charity administered by a private sector trust, and an equal opportunity employer.  Further information, including a full Job Specification is available from [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Application by CV & covering letter to:

Virginia Smith,
Head of Learning & Visitor Services
Brooklands Museum,
Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0QN
Closing date:  Fri 7th August 2015
Interviews: During week commencing Monday 17th August 2015
www.brooklandsmuseum.com<http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com>

Kind regards,

Virginia