From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jane Bird
Sent: 22 July 2015 09:48
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Ways to get into a career in education

Dear All

Just wanted to add to what others have said. Heritage education is so much broader than a formal schools teaching role. Although I have been a consultant for many years now when I was working in museums recruiting education officers, learning assistants I was always looking for the someone who had qualities that showed they were able to engage with a diverse range of people. Yes a PGCE would give you a number of useful skills but I echo what others would say that having a qualification is no guarantee of getting a job.

Jane

Sent from Windows Mail