Sorry, one correction to the previous message: the coordinates of the ROI central point are expressed in voxels, not in mm! (see below)

Iwo

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Iwo Bohr <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, 6 July 2015, 12:22
Subject: Re: [FSL] making mask of a fixed number of voxels of the most responsive ones

In terms of creating your ROI these two commands could be helpful:

1) fslmaths /usr/local/fsl/data/standard/MNI152_T1_2mm -mul 0 -add 1 -roi $c1 1 $c2 1 $c3 1 0 1 ${out}point -odt float
2) fslmaths ${out}point -kernel sphere $rad -fmean ${out}$name -odt float

where:
$c1-$c3 are x,y,z coordinates (voxels) of the centre
$rad : to replaced by the radius (mm)

The above is for creating a  ROI in the MNI space, but it could be replaced by any space.
First command creates the centre of the ROI, second the spherical ROI (centred around the point).

Hope this helps,

Iwo