Hi Jeff,

Yes - fsl_regfilt demeans both the design.mat time courses and the data before filtering, and then adds the data mean back to the result.

Cheers,

Paul

On 29 July 2015 at 16:55, Jeff Stevenson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thanks paul, and just to be sure: the mat file with the nuisance variables input into fsl_regfilt, is it demeaned or not?
jeff

From: paul mccarthy
Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 2:36 AM

To: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library
Subject: Re: [FSL] using fsl_regfilt to regress out confounds

Hi Jeff,

Aah, because you're interested in reporting the absolute FA/F2 values after stats, my previous advice of globally shifting the data doesn't really make much sense.  In this case, a better approach may be  not to use fsl_regfilt, and to just include your confounds in the design matrix that you pass to randomise.

Cheers,

Paul