Dear friends,

*** Apologies for cross posting ****

We are delighted to announce the launch of the first issue of Critical
Studies and the call for papers for our next volume.

Critical Studies is an interdisciplinary journal of the humanities,
dedicated to critical studies broadly construed. It is an annual, open
access, peer-reviewed print and digital publication, and functions both as a
traditional academic journal and as an annual report of the activity of the
<http://brightoncsrg.noblogs.org/> Critical Studies Research Group, a
postgraduate community based in University of Brighton's
<http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/study/humanities> School of Humanities.

Access all articles and the full journal online here:
http://www.criticalstudies.org.uk/journal.html

Call for Papers Issue 2: (in)Visibility

Politics has been diversely theorised as the making visible what is
invisible, as the uncovering what is covered up, as the giving voice to the
mute, as the inclusion of those excluded into the regime of the perceptible.
Secrecy is typically connected to the state and its agencies operating in
the shadows, or to the police order and its suppression of the voices of the
marginalised and abjected. Valuable, powerful, and potent though such
theorisation may be, it leaves unanswered the question of the value that may
lie in remaining, precisely, invisible, of keeping off the radar, of staying
underground, for radical activism, artistic performance, and alternative
politics.

Critical Studies welcomes papers on these and related topics from a broad
range of disciplines, both research papers and non-conventional forms of
presentation related to the issue topic. We encourage transdisciplinary and
interdisciplinary contributions.

Deadline for submission 1st September 2015

Full Call for Papers, style and submission guides available here:
http://www.criticalstudies.org.uk/call-for-papers.html

<mailto:[log in to unmask]>